2.4.08

junk mail

just a notice....i absolutely hate the following junk email:

  • 10 million best friend/religious/advice/wisdom quotes (YES! I have read them all... none of them ever say anything new EVER)
  • attempts to create awareness for some sick kid/about a new law/money winning contest/my email service is going to drop me (email is not the way to go about ANY of those things)
  • support our troops crap (not that i dont support them...just i dont care to see it in my email with animations of american flags and little bears in army camo set to patriotic tunes)
  • inappropriate pictures or animations (at one time, yes, even I enjoyed these.... not anymore...what can I say...God purifies you)
  • "forward this or else" or "see who your real friends are" messages (nothing is going to happen to you and i already know who my real friends are...thank you)
types of emails that i appreciate:

  • funny jokes (funny is the key word...please think before you add my name to the forward list)
  • links to interesting articles/websites (interesting is the key word...see side note above

ok...ranting finished, what i really wanted to do was share this email that i insisted my roomie's mom forward to me. its extremely relevant to the current "theme" of my house (me and my 3 female roommates) .... at least its relevant to my personal point of view:

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages/fats
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.


CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.




No comments: