24.6.08

i know something you dont know

so it has been a little over 8 weeks since i posted this ... and i did not think i was ever going to come to a real conclusion about that question... my bf even turned it into a joke.

well, no more laughing! i just finished up an 8 week study called the Grace Walk Experience. i have done a couple devotional type bible studies so i didnt think much of this one when my group started it.... i mean, how different will this be? they are all the same...

But today I stand corrected. This book has changed my entire life and has completely set me free..... because now I know:

God has no expectations of me. None. Zero.

And I can say that in complete confidence. I know that I have nothing to achieve, nothing to attain, and nothing to prove. To anyone... not even God.

I am completely perfect and holy. God doesn't just see me that way, I AM that way... completely righteous. There is no way for me to "get closer" to him or somehow become a more holy or godly person. No way....none at all. I am already there.

All because of the past 8 weeks, I have discovered my real identity in Christ... it is mind blowing...but so freeing. My next couple of posts are going to be all about this. I have learned so much, I am going through the whole thing again, and I want to share it here.

****NOTE*****
All of you lurkers.... or creepers...whatever the blog lingo is for those of you who read but never make yourself known, I am inviting you to throw some ideas around with me for the next couple of posts. ( I know that you exist bc I can see you on my tracker.... but i have no idea who any of you are)

1 comment:

Joel Brueseke said...

Hi there!

I just found your blog last night. I have google alerts set for various keywords and phrases, one of them being "grace walk," and that's how I came across this blog post of yours.

I'm so glad for what you've found via the GW Experience study. Our unchangeable, rock solid identity in Christ is truly something that we need to understand, and it really is freeing to discover the truth of it more and more.

The performance-based Christian life is such a hard treadmill to continuously run on!, and if we instead start from a place of no expectations from God - only that He desires that we know Him, and His love and grace - then we can truly grow and walk freely in our identity.

I highly recommend the original Grace Walk book, that preceded the GW Experience. It really helped to revolutionize my life just over a decade ago, and I've been keeping up with the ministry ever since.