13.3.08

when i grow up....

so it hit me yesterday as my business partner and i were just finishing up a meeting....... i am a designer.

i know that sounds weird because i've had 2 other positions at really cool firms but for some reason it just really sunk-in around the time we were discussing budgets and what not, that i am at that "when i grow up" stage in life..... you know when you're a kid and everyone makes you decide where you want to be in life when you are 25. I'm pretty sure that designer and owner of my own business never even crossed my mind when i was 7...how would you even illustrate that with crayolas?

i know once i wanted to be a veterinarian, probably a pro-soccer player at some point, and i know for sure for awhile there architect was on the list...

People always ask how I decided on interior design in college....and it sill amazed me even to think about it. my mom and i randomly chose it out of the ASU catalogs because her advice to me was that it would be better than having an undeclared major. "you can always change your mind if you dont like it" well, i never changed my mind about design, only boyfriends and pastimes....... I guess it wasnt completely random, i mean we read almost every description of every major along with all the class descriptions that the college of architecture and urban planning had to offer.... but im pretty sure we chose it within a 4 hour period of time...

so anyway, i am grown up and the more i realize this the more i confirm that there really is no such thing as "random"..... anything that i ever thought happened "randomly" to me has always ended up making perfect sense (and also blowing my mind a little) eventually

If i wasnt already a believer i think that this would be a good argument for the presence of someone else's hand in the plan/path/design of all life....not just mine

so now what comes after that "when I grow up" stage.....?? well, i guess they really dont prepare you for that in grade school ! But im looking forward to being blessed with more "randomness"

No comments: