18.9.08

feeling used (but not in a bad way this time)

a few weeks ago i was minding my own business... in line at wal-mart (omg.... yes i actually forced myself to go there) it was the middle of the day... i was thinking about absolutely nothing and most likely nawing at my fingernails waiting to be checked out....

i heard the 2 women behind me chatting and then i realize one of them is saying "excuse me ma'am" ...trying to get my attention.... im not sure how many times she had to say it since i was off in my own little world ..... but it finally registered in my brain and turned around....

they asked me for a ride... just came right out and asked if i could give them a ride. random right??

well.... as mentioned through-out my blog. I no longer believe in randomness, so I mentally size them up in about a split second.... and got no bad vibe. So I started talking to them.... turns out they are staying at a shelter near-by but their original ride had to leave due to an emergency... turns out while they were shopping they asked god to provide another way home for them.

i dont blame them. it was way too hot to walk back... with groceries none-the-less.....

so they ended up in line behind me, and im guessing that they read my shirt, bc i happened to be wearing one with christian references and a bible verse on the back!

i took them home and we chatted a bit and gave the short versions of our lives.... after dropping them off i was extremely giddy. i was so happy to be able to do something nice for them but i was more excited that i was blessed by meeting 2 women of faith and being able to rejoice in gods greatness for all of 5 minutes we spent in the car together......

the funniest part about the whole thing, which i reflected on with the bf later that night: i could not for the life of me figure out what to wear that morning!! the tshirt was the last resort to me but ended up being a sign for those women....

i hope i can randomly run into them again someday :)

2 comments:

cara said...

That's a cool story. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Trully Repeat because i belive youre somewhat hiding from God and not gaving him everything including youre hart. God has allways love you and has been chaseing you from the start of youre life. You need to start calling the shots again as well and take command of youre self and youre mother and youre father youre an american. Not a mexican or ilander. I think you have more pontential then some of the women at mesa baptist heck sometimes i rather listin to you then Shawna and sometimes even Gary cuase hes full of second hand info.